Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I got it....FINALLY in the mail....the long awaited letter of acceptance into the nursing program!!! This will be a repeat of what I took some years ago, but will be okay, as it can lead me into other areas of interest later on. Florida colleges seem to go on a "point system" regarding health careers. The more health related classes I take the better. I need to see if they will accept my last physical and recent criminal background check. If not, it will be a bit expensive and time consuming to repeat. I also need a passport photo ~ most likely for clinicals. I can understand that. Only real concern lies in taking the drug testing. I will most definitely show up possitive for some drugs I take for the fibromyalgia. Voc. Rehab. knows I have this condition....and I told the college. It was their initial idea for me to go into the nursing program ~ after seeing my past college scores and entrance exams. I just have to have a job where I am up and walking around. I cannot be sitting all day long....."jell factor" comes in. All my muscles and tendons freeze up. Wow....this means I get to cut up a little bitty frog or mouse or pig. Oh joy...jubilation!!! Going from taking care of little people all day to blood and guts........ I also have to be current on all my vaccinations...woof, woof. Gotta get busy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you!! You will make an excellent nurse. 'Bout time you found your way....Congrats!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home