Sunday, July 16, 2006

I just got back from a mini vacation with some friends and family. We had come together (or at least I thought) to celebrate the birthday of a very special little four year old. I have been a part of her life ~ nurturing and loving her since birth. Somehow, after the first day there was an apparent separation between the younger "set" of grown~ups and those who fell over the age of about 50. The older ones in the group went on some of the rides with the rest of the crew the first day, but somewhere during the night, the younger people felt the rest of the rides etc. would just be "too much" for us old folks. We mainly just wanted to BE there to watch the joy and anticipation of our little red headed person. Where do people get the concept they can decide the feelings of others? Is it just this new generation??...Cause if it is, they really sadden me. I have no way to describe to them the difference it makes in the life of a child to see the combining of all age groups in a family....to witness the bonding...the love....the respect. If it had been a vacation with my parents, we would have done everything together in a happy, loving attitude. I genuinely enjoyed being with them. I also knew there probably would not be much more time left to spend in their company......so I valued each and every time we were together. Memories are what is important. I definitely do not have very fond ones of this last vacation. I wonder what "little red" will remember.... And what is even sadder, is the fact that it cannot be redeemed. Time lost, is just that. The young have no concept of it's value. They will eventually, but by then, it will be too late. I just got fed~up and left the whole situation. It was not worth it to me to be a part of such rudeness. I am too old and too dignified to continue allowing what I saw and felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home