Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just received a phone call from some anonymous person informing me I have an appointment at Shands Hospital tomorrow for an eval. of my fibromyalgia. This person apologized for the lateness ~ said time factor could not be helped. I had no idea who had made this appointment for me until I called the number which had been left on my answering machine. Turns out ~ it was Voc. Rehab. I would never have guessed that. I am so puzzled as to why Voc. Rehab. continues to question and second guess my condition. It has been documented by some of Florida's finest (Mayo Clinic) ....but I suppose they do not know what they are doing. If for some reason I am kicked out of the nursing program, I will just have to assume it was not meant to be. I was beginning to wrap my mind around a confirmation of a seemingly attainable goal. Everyone should have a goal, and mine has been a long awaiting one. I have to admit, there are times I am still extremely tired, times when my elbows (for example) hurt so terribly ~ simply being brushed by a passerby. But, the problem would exist no matter what type of job I might be training for. I will always have to deal with pain....that's a fact. Through the years, I have come to know my body better than anyone else....and I know for sure, if I am up and moving around I am less prone to dwell on the pain and just get the job done. I also want the security of having medical insurance. That is not something to sneeze at. I have tried to obtain it on a personal basis, and was denied because of the fibromyalgia. I was only weeks away from medical insurance while working for Bank of America.....before I switched back to working for Julie. BIG mistake in the long run....but I may not be looking at this prospect of nursing if that whole situation had not taken place. Have to believe in a higher being.....just have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home