Sunday, July 23, 2006

Starting back on the walking trail

I have decided it is time for me to get back to walking every day. So far, I have walked three days on the beach in succession, and today around the field near home. I was doing 3 miles in around 45 to 60 min. a few years back. It is a bit more difficult to get my momentum up here, given the humidity. I have been sticking to the hour allotment but it seems like my energy level is zapped after 20 min. I have been walking later in the afternoons or into the evening. I always did it in the early morning hours in Portland. I think I may try that tomorrow and see if there is enough of a temperature change to give me a bit of a boost. If I do not get my weight back down, I will have very little to wear to class. Once I have been given scrubs that problem will work itself out. I still want to get my walking regiment down however....I need it for the added energy I know it will eventually give me. I have also been doing my algebra workbook without benefit of time restrains or deadlines. I think it is making a difference. I am getting the concepts, now if my OLD mind can just remember them if I choose to be retested for the TABE. I just know I can do better than I did the last time. I wish I knew why math is such a difficult subject for me. I have always been told I have a logical mind, but math somehow falls out of that realm. I am going to keep plugging away at it. I am trying to look at it as a puzzle....maybe change my over~all outlook on the topic. I cannot be THAT stupid. In class, I saw kids half my age getting it without any effort seemingly on their part. Once I GET it, I ususally HAVE it. It is just getting to that point. And story problems.......help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home